Maverick County Hospital District’s Neurology Department specializes in treating disorder that affect the brain, spinal cord, and nerves, including:
- Cerebrovascular disease, such as a stroke.
- Demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system, such as multiple sclerosis.
- Headache disorders.
- Infections of the brain and peripheral nervous system.
- Movement disorders, such as Parkinson’s disease.
- Neurodegenerative disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease).
- Seizure disorders, such as epilepsy.
- Spinal cord disorders.
- Speech and language disorders.