The Maverick County Hospital District (MCHD) is a political subdivision of the State of Texas. MCHD was created on May 11, 1965 through House Bill Number 1073 of the 59th Session of the Texas Legislation under the authority of Section 9, Article IX of the Constitution of the State of Texas.
Through this legislation, MCHD was bestowed the responsibility of providing healthcare for the needy residents of Maverick County. MCHD fulfills this obligation through the Medical Financial Assistance Program (Indigent Care) and provides medical, specialized services through the MCHD Physician Specialty Group.
The MCHD Board of Directors is made up of five elected members. Each member serves a four year term. The current board members consists of the following: J.M. Farias, President, Rito Valdez III, Vice-President, Humberto Duran, Secretary/Treasurer, Joaquin L. Rodriguez, Trustee, Ricardo Calderon, Trustee, .
VISION STATEMENT: To promote the improvement of health and quality of life of the people of Maverick County.
- To promote communication and collaboration among the local medical community, county, city, state, and federal health authorities;
- To foster a better understanding of health needs and problems;
- To promote public and personal health through mutual assistance and cooperation between the participating institutions; and
- To carry out support activities for health programs to the mission of the Maverick County Hospital District, the Maverick County Hospital District Strategic Plan, and the planning process overall.
The MCHD Adopted Budget for the Financial Year 2012-2013 is available for download.
Accountants’ Report and Financial Statements
The MCHD Accountants’ Report and Financial Statements for the 2010 & 2011 year is available for download.
Notice of the Maverick County Hospital District Taxes
The Maverick County Hospital District conducted public hearings on August 16, 2012 and August 23, 2012 on a proposal to increase total tax revenues from properties on the tax roll in the preceding tax year by 5.98 percent.
Medical Office Suites
Maverick County Hospital District is proud to announce that Medical Office Suites are now available to lease with new price rates. Some of the features include:
- State of the Art Facility: Built in 2007
- No Build Out Required
- Suites Available: From 1280 sq ft-1780 sq ft
- Location is a Plus!! Behind Fort Duncan Regional Medical Center
- Plenty of Parking Available to all Tenants
- 24/7 Security Surveillance Cameras
For more information, please download the following presentation: Medical Suites Presentation